I want to warn others so they can make an informed decision before commissioning this fursuit maker.
I originally gave the maker my suit and materials on September 15, 2024. Nearly two years later, most of the agreed work is still unfinished, and my attempts to arrange a partial refund and the return of my materials have not been resolved.
Most of our communication was in Czech, and I am attaching screenshots as evidence. Some discussions also took place over Discord, which I can no longer fully document, but the results of those discussions were later summarized in our written messages.
The requested work was:
1. Repair holes and other damage to the suit
2. Add longer fur to the arms and legs
3. Make the gap on around the neck less visible
4. Create indoor feetpaws
5. Add compartments for digitigrade padding to improve its positioning
6. Add a belly pocket
7. Make sandals
8. Create a new two-metre tail
The maker also suggested:
- Moving the belly zipper
- Adding zippers to the feetpaws
I supplied my own fur, so the necessary material was available.
Timeline
September 15, 2024:
I gave the maker my suit and materials. At the time, I was not in a hurry, so I was willing to give them plenty of time.
October 30, 2024:
I planned to collect the suit. Some of the work had been done, but several holes were still unrepaired and the belly pocket had not been made. I agreed to leave the suit with the maker longer so they could finish it.
December 9, 2024:
I asked for an update. No additional work had been completed. The maker said they were dealing with personal or practical issues that prevented them from working, so I agreed to wait again.
April 24, 2025:
I asked about the suit again. There had still been no further progress. Because I did not urgently need the suit at that time, I continued waiting.
July 14, 2025:
I told the maker that I needed the suit for August 16, 2025.
When I collected it, the only additional work completed was the belly pocket and repairs to some—but still not all—of the holes. I kept the suit because I needed it for the event.
November 5, 2025:
I asked how the new tail was progressing. The maker replied that they had also forgotten about it.
Five days later, they told me it would be completed within a week. I received no further update after that.
June 27, 2026:
I contacted the maker and asked them to return the unused fur I had supplied for the commission.
They did not respond for ten days. After I contacted them again and asked why they were not responding, I also requested a partial refund. This led to an argument about responsibility for the unfinished and defective work. The maker has since stopped responding again.
Final result
Out of the requested work, only the longer arm and leg fur, the sandals, and the repositioned belly zipper were completed satisfactorily.
The remaining problems were:
- Some holes in the suit were still not repaired.
- The gap around the neck was still visible.
- The indoor feetpaws were not completed.
- The compartments for the digitigrade padding were not completed.
- The belly pocket is practically unusable because the opening is so small that I can barely fit my hand inside.
- The new two-metre tail was not completed.
- The feetpaw zippers suggested by the maker were poorly attached.
The total price was 9,408 CZK. Because most of the agreed work was either unfinished, defective, or unusable, I requested a refund of 7,000 CZK, along with the return of my remaining fur.
I made repeated attempts to resolve this privately and gave the maker many extensions over a period of nearly two years. I am sharing this account because those attempts have not resulted in a resolution, and I believe potential customers should be able to review the timeline and evidence before deciding whether to commission this maker.
Komentáře
Okomentovat